Applications are currently open for the First-Time Freshman Merit-Based Scholarships. The scholarship program is conducted by the Jacksonville State University for international students who will be entering the university for any degree program.
Jacksonville State University arranged several awards for deserving students to help them out in their educational career. There will be enormous funds for students to pay for their tuition, fees, and other living allowance.
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville State University is known as a public university in Jacksonville, Alabama. Established in 1883, the university offers programs of study in six academic schools leading to bachelor’s, master’s, education specialist, and doctorate degrees in addition to certificate programs and continuing education opportunities. JSU currently has an enrollment of more than 9,000 students, with nearly 500 faculty members.
The aspirants must meet up with the given eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to first-time freshmen who will be considered automatically for merit scholarships upon admission to JSU.
- Academic merit scholarships are awarded based on students’ highest cumulative high school GPA
- Applicants who have a composite test score ACT/SAT on file may qualify for a higher valued scholarship
- Test scores will not have the ability to lower student’s scholarship amount, only improve it.
- Test scores received by May 1, 2021, will also be evaluated for potential scholarship increases.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
These scholarships are open for studying any degree program in the given fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Jacksonville State University?
Studddents at the university can gain a quality education without breaking the bank is possible with their affordable tuition, financial aid support, and multiple scholarship opportunities. Through their six academic schools, JSU’s mission is to provide distinctive educational, cultural and social experiences for a diverse student population.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university is giving away several scholarships to deserving candidates ranging from $10,000 to $40,000 for a total of 4 years.
- The applicants who are interested in applying for the scholarship have a variety of options to use for
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Interested aspirants do not need to submit any other separate applications for the scholarships. The students only need to apply for the admission at the university. The students will get automatically considered upon admission application at the university.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Applicants need about average high school grades to get into Jacksonville State University.
- The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at Jacksonville State University was 3.18 on the 4.0 scale, indicating that primarily B students are accepted and ultimately attend.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) must have been completed within the last two years and be submitted to JSU directly from Educational Testing Services. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test scores must be sent directly to JSU by IELTS. IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 256-782-5781
University location: 1602, 700 Pelham Rd N, Jacksonville, AL 36265, United States