Applications for the Felix Scholarship are currently available for the academic year 2021-2022. The scholarship programs are organized by the University of Reading for the students willing to study their master’s degree in the UK.
The university is accepting applications from both achieving students from India and other developing countries pursuing postgraduate studies. The funds will be helpful for the recipients in paying for their tuition, fees or other expenses.
University of Reading
The University of Reading is known as a public university located in Reading, Berkshire, England. It was established in 1892 as University College, Reading, a University of Oxford extension college. It received the power to grant its degrees in 1926 by royal charter from King George V and was the only university to receive such a charter between the two world wars. The university is usually categorized as a red brick university, reflecting its original foundation in the 19th century.
The students must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to high achieving students from India and other developing countries pursuing postgraduate studies at the University of Reading.
- Students must be applying to start a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Reading, starting in September 2021.
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence and financial need and are expected by the Trust to return to work in your home country after completing your studies.
- Please note, candidates who already hold a master’s degree cannot apply for a master’s degree scholarship.
For the scholarship for Indian citizens, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must be an Indian national and not currently be living or studying outside of India.
- You must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor’s degree from an Indian university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at the master’s level.
- Student must not hold a degree from a university outside of India.
- This scholarship is open to students pursuing either a PhD or masters.
For the scholarship for applicants from developing countries, the given eligibility criteria apply:
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor’s degree from a university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at the master’s level.
- Student must not hold a degree from a university outside of your home country.
- Please note that the scholarship is for master’s level only.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for studying a master degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Reading?
The University of Reading is a strong, traditional university internationally recognised for the quality of its teaching and learning. It is one of the best research universities in the UK and is committed to continuous innovation and investment in the future. Reading is one of the best universities in the world, ranking in the top 1% of world universities. It is an institution held in high regard in the world of industry, research and academia. I loved my time there. It is a vibrant, stimulating community with great facilities in a lovely parkland campus.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarships provide tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (around £14,570).
- They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home. You must be aware that you will be asked to demonstrate financial need and spouses’ costs will not be considered.
- The awards are available for up to three years.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarship, candidates are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Candidates are required to download a scholarship and fill it to get considered for the award. Students are asked to submit applications by email to the mentioned address: [email protected] using the following subject line: Felix Application – Reading ID 1233456 (your Reading application number).
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Student must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- For UG programs at the University of Reading, applicants will be expected to have completed GCE A level or equivalent qualification with a minimum grade of C. While for the PG programs; the minimum entry requirement is at least an upper second class honours degree in their UG-level studies or an equivalent qualification.
Eligible student will generally need a visa to study in the UK if you are a national of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. If your course is shorter than six months, you can enter on a Student Visitor visa. If your course is longer than six months, you will need a Tier 4 (general) visa.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
Contact address: 0118 378 4499 or email [email protected]
University location: Reading, United Kingdom