The ETH Zurich is seeking excellent aspirants for from all over the world to take part in the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Program and ETH- D Scholarship. The program is open for studying the Master’s degree program for the academic year 2020-2021.
The ESOP will support students with mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation and cover tuition fee & living costs. The ETH D scholarship will cover partial stipend towards the tuition fee and offer additional benefit.
The ETH Zurich was created in 1855 in the heart of Europe. It is known as one of the world’s leading universities of science and technology. According to Q.S. World University Ranking, ETH Zurich has ranked # 7 in the world. The university has a climate that inspires high-performance researchers and is perfect for critical thought.
- Candidates from all over the world are eligible to apply for the award.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time Master’s degree program at the ETH Zurich.
- Applicants must be completed Bachelor degree with excellent result.
- Applicants must be enrolled at the University full-time programme.
- In your first semester, applicants have 48 loads of credit points for enrollment.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying Master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at ETH Zurich?
ETH Zurich comprises 16 departments that provide academic education and conduct research in the area of technology, architecture, chemistry and physical sciences. It encourages scientists by offering them the best possible facilities for their research and their skills in the world. ETH Zurich is fostering a culture of empowerment, making space for innovation, and encouraging new and creative ideas.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- There are two scholarships: Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Program and ETH-D Scholarship.
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The ETH-D scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 7’500 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The department will additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 3’000 per semester or offer an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 500 – 600 per month).
- The scholarship starts with the Master’s degree program and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s program (three or four semesters).
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you want to engage in this educational program, you are required to enrol in Master’s degree program at the ETH Zurich. If you are applying for more than one Master’s program, please submit a separate application form for each degree program.
After being admitted, Candidates will be automatically considered for this studentship based on your academic achievements and might include a phone/V.C. interview.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- ESOP letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis
- Two reference letters from professors
- Reference letters must be submitted with the Master application online.
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills required for the Master’s degree program
- Applicants must hold Bachelor’s degree or equivalent first degree from an internationally recognized university.
- Applicants must have good to excellent study performance record in the preceding course of studies.
You must have a residence permit for your period of study in Switzerland, regardless of whether you require an entry visa. If you live in the city of Zurich, you should apply for this in person within 14 days of your arrival to the Citizen’s Registry Ombudsman or the respective “Kreisbüro”.
Application deadline: December 15, 2020
Contact address: +41446321111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
University location: Rämistrasse 101, H.G. F22.1, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland