Students looking forward to studying in Canada have an excellent opportunity to apply for the International Education Entrance Scholarships arranged by the Douglas College. The applications are open for candidates applying for any degree at the college for 2021-2022.
The College will distribute nearly $100,000 in two scholarships to assist new incoming students from around the world. The funds can be used utilized the recipients towards their educational expenses.
Douglas College is known as the largest public degree-granting college institution located in British Columbia, Canada. Close to 17,000 credit students, 8,500 continuing education students and 4,210 international students are enrolled here. The College provides bachelor’s degrees and general university arts and science courses and career programs related to health care, human services, business and arts. Each year, over 4,000 international students from 92 countries take for-credit courses at Douglas College, accounting for roughly 18 per cent of the student population.
The candidate must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Applicants must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and engagement in their school, community and personal development.
- Applicants from all countries are eligible for the scholarships.
For Regional Entrance Awards
- Open to applicants from CIS countries such as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- Applicants must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above-average GPA i.e. B equivalent or higher and strong English language proficiency test scores i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
These scholarships are available for studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Douglas College?
Douglas College holds its name for the largest public degree-granting college institution situated in British Columbia, Canada. Douglas College offers bachelor’s degrees and general university arts and science courses and career programs in various fields such as health care, human services, business and the creative arts.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- There will be two scholarships for students i.e. Education Entrance Scholarships worth $2500
- The Regional Entrance Awards worth $1000 – 2000
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants don’t need to provide any separate application for the scholarship. Students applying at the college will be automatically considered for the funds. The students need to download and fill out an application pdf form and provide all the necessary documents.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Resume or CV Academic, community or volunteer awards Reference letter from academic, community or extracurricular contact
- Must provide an overview of their academic achievements, work and community activities, personal capabilities and interests.
- How will you contribute to the Douglas College community? (word-limit 250 words)
- Must describe their academic and career goals and how studying at Douglas College will help you reach these goals. (word-limit 250 words)
- Aspirants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Must have completed high school graduation or minimum 17 years of age by the end of the first month of studies in the semester of entry to Douglas College
- A minimum grade average of 60% or equivalent in the final year of high school
- A minimum final grade of “C” or 60% or equivalent in Grade 11 Mathematics or equivalent
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) require credential seeking applicants to hold a valid study permit during their study in Canada.
- Firstly, you should apply for a study permit and prepare to arrive
- Some applicant from certain countries must also apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
- Must be sure you are aware of the Conditions of your Study Permit
- Note that eTA registration will be required for students from entry visa-exempt countries except for U.S. citizens when entering Canada by air
Application Deadline: May 31 & September 30
Contact address: 604 527 5478/ [email protected]
University location: 700 Royal Ave, New Westminster, BC V3M 5Z5, Canada