The Cluster of Excellence at the University of Konstanz invites Doctoral Position applications in Biology; this full-time position primarily targeted as a PhD study and available for junior Postdocs for the academic session 2021-2022 The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany.
University is seeking a highly motivated candidate with a strong interest in immersive analytics, graph layout and topological network analysis algorithms in immersive environments to investigate collective behaviour.
Table of Contents
|Scholarship Sponsor||University of Konstanz|
|Scholarships level||PhD Position|
|Fellowship Period||Three years|
|Study area||Biology, Science|
|Opening date||March 01, 2021|
|Closing date||March 31, 2021|
The position is to be filled by June 01 2021, or by agreement for initially two years (three years for PhD level) with a possible extension for one year. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time jobs.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The PhD/Postdoc position will be part of the Cluster of Excellence “Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behaviour” (CASCB) at the University of Konstanz, which investigates the collective behaviour and associated patterns in humans and animals in an unprecedented interdisciplinary approach by developing an innovative range of quantitative methods and novel technologies.
The position will be embedded into the research area’s conceptional framework, “Computational methods for measuring, analysing and visualising collective behaviour “. It is a full-time position also on PhD level with a salary level according to the TV-L 13 tariff agreement for state employees.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2021
- Research in immersive analytics, in particular, graph analysis and graph layout algorithms in connection with virtual/immersive environments to investigate interactions within collectives
- Writing research papers and other publications
- Supervising students
- Graduate degree (Master or PhD level) in Computer Science or related field
- Interest (for PhD students) or experience (for Postdocs) in immersive analytics / virtual reality and graph algorithm development
- High motivation
- Good communication skills and the ability for teamwork
- Strong written and oral English skills
- Professional infrastructure and support for conducting research
- Ability to work with world-leading scientists on a new and exciting research field
- Full funding for international and German students
- Integration into the interdisciplinary Excellence Cluster research community
- The inspiring and inclusive work environment
Please send your application, including your cover letter, CV and official transcripts of education certificates, as one PDF file.