Dental School Personal Statement Is an Essay or a Document Written to Dental Institutions by Students or People Who Are Willing to Join Dentistry. Your Statement Needs to Be Compelling and Should Show Why You Should Join the Institution.
You Need to Be Truthful When Writing a Personal Statement. Being Honest and Truthful Will Give the Reader the Urge to Want to Know More about the Writer. If at All Your Letter Is Picked You Can Be Called in for an Interview.
To write an excellent dental statement, it needs to be unique. For someone to be considered to join a dental school, they need to show that they are interested in everything and will make a change to the community. It would help if you had an extraordinarily strong desire for you to be accepted.
Read More: Medical School Personal Statement Examples
So writing a good and well-composed statement is critical. Your comment needs to have the need and urge to be taken. Your dental school personal statement needs to be of quality.
Writing a good personal statement has no specific rules to follow.
But some tips are readily available that can guide in writing a good report.
Below Are Some Tips:
1. Your passion and desires. Clearly show in your account that you are a qualified candidate and have always loved dental school. Many candidates who apply for dental school have passion and desire. They have real and engaging stories.
Read More: How Long Should a Personal Statement Be?
2. Honesty is always the best way to go. Most people who apply for dental school have a sweet story to tell. First of all, your heart is not in the career you are just there because you need to fulfil your personal goals. Your statement will not look real.
3. Do you have a personal story that can relate to dental school? If your answer is yes, then you are on the right track. If you have ever visited a dental hospital, you probably have a beautiful story to tell. Please put it in your statement when applying for dental school.
4. Be creative and engaging when writing your statement. That will show even someone reading your account that you have an interest in dental school and would love to join the institution.
5. 5 Follow up on your whole document before submitting your personal statement. If you have friends who are supporting, you can give them your report to go through it and see if it is grammatically correct.
If you have any experience with a dentist or heard a story, you defiantly have something to write about dental health. Having an account is not enough. Tell the story.
That is why I have drafted some few examples of some statements about dental school:
“During my time in high school life, I was always that energetic and outgoing kind of persona, and I loved playing basketball. Basketball was my passion, and one day during a tournament, one of my friends was involved in a horrible car accident.
I got the news after my game that my friend had been hospitalized and was in intensive care. I rushed to the hospital, and that is when it hit me hard. He had a concussion, and he lost his left eye, and his lower jaw had cracked. He lost most of his teeth, and during surgery, I happened to be in the hospital.
The pain he was going through was severe, but the dentist managed to fix his jaw, but most of his teeth were missing. It took him two years to heal. After which to my surprise, after that incident and eventually, he decided to join the dental school to help people with tooth problems.
He told me the experience that he went through made him decide to join the dental school. He was genuine and honest when writing his statement; by doing that, he got accepted in the dentistry school.
He is now one of the heads of the dental department even robust he faces difficulty in speaking because of the accident. His aim is now to help others get quality dental care and treatment.
Read More: How to Write a Personal Statement?
Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved candy, which made my dental s bad. Currently, most of my molars and premolars are missing, and it is because they are rotten. I Am married, have two beautiful kids, and my wife always reminds me that one of our sons will be a family dentist.
Many children usually want to pursue a job considering their day to day activities. So, it becomes easy for them to relate to something because they saw someone suffering. So, they would not love another person to go through the same. So, if your young boy wants to join the dental school, let them do so.
It is a story my best friend who we work with and have been friends since childhood. I work in the accounting department, and he is a dentist. His parents inspired his passion for joining the dental school. They are both doctors, and so he grew up watching his parents help people.
That is when he also decided to pursue dentistry. He has always admired to be like his parents, and his love for helping people in the dental field started. So if you want to pursue a career in dentistry, you must have the passion and desire.
It is a lucrative industry, but one needs to be honest and ready to learn. Posting a good personal dental statement shows the reader that you need the job.
I can say that if your passion is not in dentistry, it can be hard for you to join the dental school. Reading some of the stories usually makes the reader want to meet the person physically. Many students enter the dental school because of their compelling stories which make you want to know more about the applicant.
So, thinking of joining the dental school? Be genuine and honest when applying for the dentistry position.