Empower your academic and career goals by removing the financial barrier. Here, the University of Hamburg is delighted to announce the Degree Completion Scholarship for international students entering the University for any degree course work.
The sponsorships are based on merit and financial need. The scholarship program is open for studying the diploma, bachelor’s and master’s degree program for the academic year 2021-2022.
University of Hamburg
Founded in 1919, the University of Hamburg is the largest institution for research and education in northern Germany. It is one of the country’s largest universities and offers a variety of degree programs and excellent research opportunities. It was placed among the top 1% of global universities.
- The candidate must be an international student except for German Citizen.
- Applicants must not be eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG)
- Applicants must be good for excellent academic performance.
- Applicants must be preparing for the final year examination phase of their studies.
- Applicants must have no financial support during this phase.
- Students must be pursuing Diploma, Master’s or bachelor degrees may apply for a 12-month grant with their first application.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying diploma, master and bachelor degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at the University of Hamburg?
The University of Hamburg is the largest and most diverse research institution in northern Germany. It supports a lively community with very different opinions, cultural backgrounds and interests. It pays to mingle. University also offers a variety of extracurricular activities outside the classroom.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Degree completion grants are usually awarded for six months.
- The amount of funding varies from €200 to a limit of €720 per month.
- If the final examination is not completed within the six months, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To be considered for this education award, you are recommended to take admission to a Bachelor degree and Master’s degree program at the University of Hamburg. You are required to apply for the admission before the closing date.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
After getting enrolled, you will need to log in yourself using Stine Id for Degree completion grants and fill the application form and upload all required documents.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- Reason for your application
- A schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination
- An evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis
- your residency permits
- Copies of bank statements from all checking and savings accounts from the last three months together with evidence of any other assets you hold.
- Before taking admission, applicants must check the eligibility criteria of the program
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Applicant must hold the high school degree certificate at the time of applying.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor degree certificate for applying for the Master’s degree program.
If you plan on entering the Federal Republic of Germany, you’ll need a visa for entry. In the country of your permanent residence, you should apply for this immediately at the responsible German institution (consulate general or embassy).
Only a few state nationals do not need visas to enter. Only nationals of a few states do not need entry visas. Please consult the web site of the responsible German consulate or embassy for visa application requirements and specifics.
Application deadline: June 1 & December 1
Contact address: +49 40 42838-0 or [email protected]
University location: University of Hamburg, Mittelweg 177, 20148 Hamburg