The largest wholesale company, Costco Wholesale, operates in 40 states in the US and international destinations, such as Taiwan, Australia, Japan, and more. Serving over 64 million customers, it is no wonder that many people strive to secure a job at Costco. With 590 stores across the states, Costco always has some opening or the other that you can apply for. Most employees rate Costco as an excellent place to work, and overall, always leave positive reviews. Hence, if you start working for Costco, you are sure to have a positive experience.
Table of Contents
Do you want to work for Costco? Learn about their application and hiring process to prepare for every step to secure a job at this company.
To learn about the available jobs at various locations, you can visit the official Costco website and apply for a position that seems to be the right fit for you. You can read through the job description and the requirements and click on “Apply Now” if you are interested in the job.
Here are a few things that you should know before you apply for a job at Costco:
- Age: The minimum age of employment at Costco is 18 years. Hence, if you are under 18, you will not be qualified to apply for a job, whether part-time or full-time.
- Timings: Costco operates throughout the week. However, it has a different opening and closing timings on the weekends. On weekdays, Costco operates from 10 AM to 8:30 PM; on Saturdays, it opened at 9:30 AM and closed at 6 PM, and finally, on Sunday, it opens at 10 AM and closes at 6 PM.
- Location: You can apply for jobs at different places if you are willing to relocate. Once you have sent your application for a job at a particular area, the recruiter at the location may take up to 15 days to respond to your application. Suppose they fail to respond to your application. In that case, recruiters from other sites are free to review your application to see if you fit the job description for any roles that may be available at different locations. If you are willing to relocate, you can call recruiters at various locations to ensure that they are aware of your continued interest in working for Costco.
- You can apply online by creating s profile on the Costco website, or you can print out their application to submit the form in person. Ensure that you fill the application with as many details as possible such as references and previous employment history. This will help streamline the process and increase your chances of getting a call.
- During the entire application process, you have to enter standard information such as your employment history, criminal record. If any disclosures are related to the position you are applying for, you will need to enter that at the start of the application. During the application, you also have to consent to a background and credit check.
Once you have applied online, you will get a confirmation email stating the receipt of your application. You can also check up on the status of your application through the online profile. Once 15 days have passed without any responses, you can also call other store locations to determine if they are interested in your application.
Read More: CVS Careers – How to Get a Job at CVS?
Tips to Improve Your Application
Every application has a common question for which you will need to provide some generic answers. So, when almost every application seems the same, how can you improve your chances of getting a call from the recruiter?
- References: Include as many references as possible to ensure that the recruiter finds you to be a credible employee. Do not include any random names, as the recruiter will likely call up some of the references. Hence, the greater the number of references that you have, the better your chances of securing a call for the interview.
- Background and Credit Check: Depending on the position you are applying for at Costco, you will need to consent to a background and credit check. There are only a few positions that do not require any background check. Hence, if you are hesitant about a background check, you may be limiting your job options.
- Resume and Cover Letter: When you apply for a particular role, ensure that you alter your resume to highlight your achievements, making you the right fit for the position. In your cover letter, you should highlight your skills and your ability to work in teams. It will be best to point out why you think you would be the right fit for the Costco brand. Costco values quality, leadership skills and is always looking for employees who can blend in with the company, appreciate its work culture, and abide by its values. Hence, your cover letter should touch upon these points to show that you are a good fit for the company and help the recruiters see that you are dedicated to working for this company.
What Should You Know?
Costco’s former and current employees rate this company very highly when working and paying benefits. Not only do you get an employee discount, but it seems that both full-time and part-time employees receive a lot of benefits from the company. Thus, employees love working for Costco.
From life insurance to health insurance and dental and vision check-up, employees at Costco receive several benefits. As a full-time salaried associate, you can also enjoy employment benefits after you have completed a month of working for Costco. Depending on your position, you may also be eligible for sick leaves and paid leaves.
When you join Costco with no prior experience, they do not leave you in the lurch. Managers provide you with proper training to learn more about the tasks you need to perform and familiarise yourself with your duties. Hence, you can also improve your skills on the job and work your way up towards higher positions as you go.