The International Competition Network (ICN) and the World Bank Group both are inviting application for Competition Advocacy Contest for the year 2019-20. The competition aims to play a significant role in promoting the competition by showcasing their advocacy success stories to competition agencies, sector regulators and other government bodies or non-governmental organizations.
ICN is an informal, virtual network that seeks to facilitate cooperation between competition law authorities globally. Competition as a tool to reap the benefits and mitigate the costs of the new economy for employment, industry and data. Eligibility Criteria
- All competition agencies, sector regulators and government bodies and non-governmental organizations promoting competition policy are invited to apply.
- Stories submitted to previous editions those who were not awarded at that time are eligible for resubmission.
Table of Contents
The stories must demonstrate the tangible results of competition advocacy on the following themes:
- Unleashing competition for more and better jobs
- Aligning industrial policies with competition principles
- Promoting pro-competition data regulation
- Boosting policy effectiveness through better coordination between enforcement and advocacy
All the stories submitted by the participants must include:
- The competition issue under assessment
- The strategies used to address the competition issue
- The main recommendations and messages conveyed by the activity
- The stories must have results of the initiative
- It must specify the actual or expected socio-economic impacts of the action.
Submissions will undergo a precise evaluation of the following criteria:
- The relevance of the issue of competition to deal with the initiative
- The success of the advocacy activity and the results achieved
- The impact and effects on markets, spillover effects and lessons learned
- Advocacy strategy – Creativity and originality, deployment of collaboration mechanisms.
- Winning candidates will be invited to present their successful stories at a joint ICN-World Bank Group event
- The winning stories will also be featured in an ICN-World Bank Group Publication.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2019 (11h59 pm, Washington D.C. time)