The University of Leicester is receiving applications for its Undergraduate Scholarships Scheme organized at the College of Science and Engineering. These grants are open for international students starting their undergraduate studies at the campus in September 2021.
The University will be assisting outstanding, talented aspirants looking forward to pursuing higher education but searching for funds. The award will be applicable for students to pay for their tuition or other materials required to accomplish the degrees.
University of Leicester
The University of Leicester is known as a public research university based in Leicester, England. The academic schools and departments of the university are divided into colleges. The colleges were restructured again in August 2015, with the merger of Social Sciences and Arts, Humanities, and Law to form the following structure: Leicester Medical School, which was established in 1971, is the University’s largest medical school.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to Aspirants who include the standard entrance criteria for their course will receive an award equivalent to 22% of their annual tuition fee. Candidates achieving the higher level grades listed below will receive the higher level award equivalent to 28% of their annual tuition fee.
- Students from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Bhutan, Nepal are eligible
|International Baccalaureate||32 points|
|International Foundation Year (taken in the UK)||75% or A or AAB (depending on the grading system used)|
|Indian Standard XII||80% for central boards, Tamil Nadu or West Bengal state board 85% for all other state boards|
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
Why study at the University of Leicester?
At Leicester, the univeristy offer hundreds of study possibilities no matter where in the world student choose to pursue their dreams. It would be best if students made their mark with a degree that excites them, challenges them, and prepares them for career success. Some of Leicester’s best-known achievements include the invention of genetic fingerprinting and, more recently, discovering the remains of Richard III in a Leicester car park. Leicester is the only UK University to win Times Higher Education (THE) awards for seven consecutive years.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The University is estatic to offer a scholarship worth up to £5,600 per year of complete-time study.
- Depending on students’ results, they could be awarded between £3,000 and £5,600 per year of study.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Candidates must take the following steps to qualify for these scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
This scholarship do not need an application. Students who are qualified will be deemed immediately. When you apply your final results, you will be told if you were successful.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Student must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country OR curriculum you studied.
- For several courses at the University of Leicester, students will need 80% overall or higher, along with higher individual marks of 85% in relevant subjects. If students are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB), they can begin from the first year of a bachelor’s degree.
As part of your visa application, students will need to quote the University of Leicester postcode, LE1 7RH. Most international students (non-EU) who will spend more than six months studying in the UK will need to apply for a visa and provide evidence of study to enter the UK as a student.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 116 252 2522
University location: The University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, United Kingdom