COD liver oil is very beneficial for health not only for adults but also for kids or toddlers. Having COD liver oil from childhood will give positive health benefits later in adulthood. COD liver oil is full of nutrients and is taken as dietary add-ons.
It is oil extracted from benthopelagic fish named Atlantic cod. They are very healthy for humans, and its oil has a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A, and vitamin D. They are good for students and especially those who are planning to study abroad.
- Vitamin A is good for bone growth, immune system, and cellular growth
- Vitamin D is essential for muscle function and helps in hypertension, diabetes, and cancer.
- The Omega-3 fatty acid is best to fight depression, improved eye health, improve heart health, and many more
These days most of the students struggle to memorize the subject or lesson, and if you are studying abroad, this means you have high hopes and need to be in the best list.
Out of many other good practices, having COD liver oil in daily routine will help as a memory booster. COD livers oil has many benefits to enhance memory, and immune system let’s see what they are:
- Good for eyes: It helps to prevent eyes from any infection, and it is good to keep any bacteria or viruses at bay. It has vitamin A which protects eyes. Inflammation causes eye disease and omega-3 and vitamin A in the cod liver oil help to prevent eye disease.
- Lungs and respiratory system: It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are well known to transfer oxygen and helps to reduce the production of mucus. They have anti-inflammatory agents, too and are essential for the proper operation of each cell of our body. Inflammation hinders breathing and omega-3 helps in keeping it in control.
- Vitamin A in COD liver oil has an antioxidant property that helps to fight against free radicals, which is responsible for making body cells weak and prone to infections. It helps to control respiratory infections.
- Immunity: Immune system inside our body helps to fight against any disease or infections, but if our immune system is weak, then body become sick and weak. Apart from many other ways to improve the immune system, the best is to have COD liver oil in daily routine. It reduces inflammation and helps in brain function.
- Healthy heart: Heart disease is very common these days and studies have proved that consuming Cod liver oil reduces the risk of heart problems. The Omega-3 fatty acid is the main component in Cod liver oil which helps to lower the blood pressure and raised good HDL cholesterol. It also helps to reduce plaque buildup in arteries which reduces the chances of heart attacks.
- Depression and anxiety: Students get easily trapped into anxiety and depressions, and the reason can be numerous. Depression can be easily reduced with omega-3 fatty acids present in COD liver oil. The increase of vitamin D in blood level decreases the risk of anxiety. Cod liver oil help to release a mood-improving hormone to keep depression and anxiety away.
- Stomach ulcers: Abdominal pain, nausea, and discomfort is the reason for ulcers in the stomach, and these are mainly caused due to bacterial infections or too much acid in the stomach. Cod liver oil is best to treat ulcers and suppress gut inflammation.
- Bone health: Calcium is the most important thing to keep the bone safe and strong. Vitamin D helps the body to absorb calcium to keep bones solid. It strengthens fragile bones in children. It helps in osteoarthritis also.
- Diet Supplement: It is easy to add in your diet to get overall health benefits. It is available in both liquid and capsule form.
COD liver oil is a dietary supplement with several health benefits. It helps to keep physical and mental health strong. It’s good for teeth and bones and boosts up the immune system. It also improves eyesight.
With all these benefits, it is never suggested to do overdose of anything. Overdosage of Cod liver oil can harm the body and mind. It is recommended to buy Cod liver oil from trusted brands. With proper precaution, Cod liver oil intake is beneficial for students.