If you’ve excelled in your previous studies, then you have a chance to apply for the Entrance Scholarship Scheme awarded by the City University of Hong Kong. The grants are awarded based on the academic merit or achievements of the aspirants.
The scholarship grants are available for highly achieved international students who wish to enrol in full-time government-funded bachelor’s degree programmes. The scholarships are available for the academic session 2021-2022.
City University of Hong Kong
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is a public research university in Kowloon, Hong Kong. It ranks #48 in the world and #1 among the “Most International University”. The university got a well-earned reputation as an innovative hub for research and professional education and for addressing global issues and empowering positive change.
The candidate must have to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Applicants must be enrolled in full-time bachelor’s degree program at the City University of Hong Kong.
- Students are required to maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.2 or above per year during the period study for renewing the studentships.
- All international students admitted from underrepresented nationalities except Top Scholarship recipients will be eligible for the new grant.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are available to study a bachelor degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at the City University of Hong Kong?
The City University of Hong Kong encourages knowledge creation, original innovations and creative thought by integrating learning and research at all stages of our professional education. The university has ten colleges and schools offers bachelor, postgraduate and research degree program and various scholarships for local and non- local students.
Benefits of the Programs
There are three kinds of scholarships that will be awarded as follows:
- Top Scholarships of HK$180,000 (approximately US$23,000), covering annual tuition fees, on-campus accommodation and living expenses
- Full Tuition Scholarships, covering yearly tuition fees (approximately US$18,000)
- Half Tuition Scholarships, covering half of the annual tuition fees (approximately US$9,000).
- Awardees will be participated in a volunteer activity to enhance the internationalization of the City University of Hong Kong annually.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you have an urge for this educational award, then you are suggested to get admission in a bachelor degree program at the City University of Hong Kong. Due to keen competition, early applications are strongly encouraged. After taking affirmation, you will automatically be eligible for the scholarship.
Apply for Admission
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Applicants must check the admission requirement and hold all the essential documents at the time of admission.
- Applicants must hold Year 12 school leaving qualification or equivalent.
- If the native language is English, you must demonstrate proof of English Language Proficiency.
Applicants must first receive a student visa or a study entry permit from the Immigration Department. Dependent visa holders and individuals with residency plans for international graduates (IANG) don’t need to apply for a separate student visa to study in Hong Kong.
Applicants must appoint a local sponsor to apply for admission to Hong Kong for study; this can be either an educational institution where the applicant has been accepted to study or a person aged 18 or over who currently resides in Hong Kong.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact Address: (852) 3442 8089 or geoins[at]cityu.edu.hk
University Location: Room 3210, 3/F, Cheng Yick-Chi Building, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR.