Cisco, an American multinational technology company, is welcoming candidates to participate in the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2020 from all over the world. This is a worldwide search for early-stage technology-enabled solutions and services that can enable socio-economic development.
The competition aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and teams of students or recent alumni from any college or university.
Explore your innovative technology solution to solve the world’s most pressing social and environmental problems.
- This competition is open and offered only to individuals who are 18 years or older at the time of registration.
- Participation can be made as an individual, as part of a team, or as a business entity.
- Teams can have a maximum of 5 members.
- Participants may only submit one Entry.
- All Entries must be submitted in English.
- For candidates to be eligible, at least half of the team’s members must be students currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or have received a degree after March 1, 2018.
- If entering as a business entity, then at least 25% of the business must be owned by individuals that meet the above qualification. Individual students and recent graduates may also apply.
- To enter in the contest, each participant is required to complete an online questionnaire.
- All registration information must be complete, accurate and truthful.
The total value of all prizes is $350,000.
- A single team will be designated with the Grand Prize of USD 100,000.
- A single team will be designated a first runner up with the Second Place Prize of USD 75,000.
- Three teams will be designated the Second Runners up and will receive Third Place Prizes of USD 25,000 each.
- Four teams will be designated the Second Runners up and will win Fourth Place Prizes of USD 10,000 each.
- The finalist entry that receives the ms votes will receive the People’s Choice Award of USD 10,000
India Impact Prize
- One (1) India Impact Grant Prize of USD 25,000
- Two (2) India Impact Runners Up of USD 10,000
- One (1) India Impact People’sPeople’s Choice Award of USD 5,000
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020