International students face several hurdles to study abroad. To support them financially, the Ocean University of China introduced its Chinese Government Scholarship Program for 2021-2022. These scholarships are open for students entering the university for a masters degree program.
Chinese Government Scholarship Program is created to offer a full scholarship to talented international students to study in Chinese universities. The fund is available in some provincial administrative departments of education and part of Chinese colleges and universities.
Ocean University of China
The Ocean University of China is a university in Qingdao. As one of the vital comprehensive universities of China, it is under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education. It is a Chinese Ministry of Education Class A Double First Class University. While offering studies in all major natural and social sciences alongside engineering, the university is especially renowned for its marine sciences and fishery sciences departments.
The candidates must meet up with the given eligibility criteria to be applicable for the scholarship:
- The aspirants must be international students.
- Non-Chinese citizens, physically and mentally healthy.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for a master degree should possess bachelor’s degrees and age under 35 years old (born before January 1, 1985).
- Applicants for PhD degree should possess a master degree, and age under 40 years old (born before January 1, 1980)
- Applicants applying for Chinese-taught majors above 180 in HSK 4
- Fellows from non-English speaking countries applying for English-taught majors should meet one of the following requirements:
- IELTS≥5.5, TOFEL≥80, or have a Certificate of equivalent English proficiency
- Certificate of student’s former degree is finished in English-taught courses provided by the university you studied in or proof that you have learned in English countries above including a year.
- In principle, the program does not accept a student who had been studied in China. Applicants who had studied in China for the degree must have graduated for more than a year.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying masters orb PhD degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the Ocean University of China?
As one of the vital comprehensive universities of China, it is under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education. While offering studies in all major natural and social sciences alongside engineering, the university is especially renowned for its marine sciences and fishery sciences departments.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Scholarship Coverage includes tuition, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Students with a high academic record will get to pay for their high-cost educational expenses.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for the scholarships, fellows are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible applicants must sign in “The information management system of Chinese government scholarship” (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), complete and submit “the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Must submit a Notarized highest diploma. Documents in languages except Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Must submit a Study Plan or Research Proposal, written in Chinese or English inminimum of 800 words.
- Recommendation Letters. Candidates must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor, written in Chinese or English.
- candidates for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their musical works. Candidates for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their jobs, including two sketches, two colour paintings, and two other works.
- Students under 18 years old should submit relevant legal documents about their legal guardians in China.
- Must submit a copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. This form is uniformly printed by the Health and Quarantine Departments of China, and it can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org. The paper should be described in English. The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the attending physician’s signature, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule; thus, it is valid for only six months.
- A copy of a valid HSK Certificate (if available).
- Certificate of no criminal record.
- Fellows must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
Newly recruited students shall bring the Admission Notice and a Visa Application for Study in China (JW202 Form) to apply for a study visa in the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in his/their country. Students who study in China for less than six months can get an F visa. Students who study in China for six months or more need to bring the Admission Notice and a visa application for study in China (JW202 Form) to apply for an X visa in the Chinese Embassy or Consulate his/her country. And he/she needs to have the medical examination done in the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy. Students holding X visa must register in OUC within 20 days after entry.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2021
Contact address: +86 532 8203 2666
University location: 5 Yushan Rd, Shinan District, Qingdao, Shandong, China