Applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Anhui University are currently open for students willing to study in China. The Government and University initiate the scholarship fund to support aspirants throughout their academic careers financially.
This Chinese Government Scholarship is a full scholarship introduced by MOE to support Chinese universities in specific provinces. These funds will help out students in accomplishing their masters or doctoral degree program at the university with ease.
Anhui University is located in Hefei, the capital city of Anhui Province, China. Anhui University has provided higher education in fundamental knowledge, professional skills, social responsibility and innovative concepts for over 170,000 students in the past 80 years. Additionally, the university hosted the 7th Forum for Presidents from Asian Universities in the year of its 80th anniversary.
To qualify for a scholarship, the aspirant must satisfy the following qualifying criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health;
- Must not be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be graduates from Chinese universities for more than one year;
- Must be a bachelor’s degree-holders under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- Must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grants are open for studying masters and doctoral degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Anhui University?
Anhui University (AHU) is a central provincial higher education institution funded by the Chinese government under State Project 211 and is the flagship of higher education in the province of Anhui. The university consists of 26 colleges and institutions, offering 77 specialties, 148 Master’s degree programmes, 17 Master’s degree programmes and 48 PhD programmes.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- A waiver of fee for registration, tuition,
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
- Monthly living allowance;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants are required to take these procedures to qualify for these scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants directly apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program. Please visit www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org for the university list and more information. Recommended candidates must finish the online application procedure at CSCOnline Application System for International Students.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Must submit a Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Holders of bachelor degree or above. b. For programs taught in English, the language proficiency requirement of IELTS 6.5 (academic module) or TOFEL (IBT) 80 or equivalent level tested by the university is required for applicants whose official language is not English.
After receiving the original document, including Admission Letter and JW Study Visa Form issued by Anhui University, the Students shall go through study visa application in China Embassy or China Consulate in your country with documents of (a) original Admission Letter, (b) original JW202 Study Visa Form, (c) Passport and (d) Health Check result Form signed by a doctor and sealed by a government hospital in students country.
Application Deadline: Early April
Contact address: 0086-551-3861610
University location: Shushan District, Hefei, Anhui, China