Take the first step toward your higher education goals with a Chancellor’s International Scholarships at the University of Sussex. The studentships are open for all the commencing, ambitious international students in the UK .
The scholarships are available to the students who want to get enrolled in a full-time postgraduate degree program at the university. This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your academic excellence.
Established in 1961, The University of Sussex is the most diverse and multicultural leading research university. The university also offers funded work placements as part of its student support and degree programs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- The applicant must be classified as an international for fee purposes.
- The candidate must be enrolled on a full-time eligible master’s degree program, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2020.
- The student must have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
- The aspirant also needs to have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
Applicants are not eligible if they are pursuing any of the following course programs:
- Postgraduate diplomas including CPE Common Professional Examination
- Development Studies MA
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM
- Early Years in Education MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Masters degrees in Social Work
- Globalization, Business and Development MA
- PGCE courses
- Poverty and Development MA
- Any masters program funded by the research councils
- Any program in masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Fields of Study
There are various programs available at postgraduate level. The candidate needs to apply in one of the master’s programs in any subject offered by the university.
Benefits of the Program
- The scholarship is providing a 50% reduction in tuition fee to international students.
- Scholarships are offered once in the academic year.
English Language Requirement
International candidates who are non-native English speakers need to demonstrate a minimum level of oral English language proficiency. Students need to have an IELTS score of 7.0 overall, including at least 6.5 in each component
- To start your application, eligible candidates are needed to get enrolled in the desired program at the university and complete the application form.
- The student also needs to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible Masters at Sussex.
All the applications that meet the required criteria will be sent to an academic panel for a decision.
Students are required to give details of educational interests. The statement should include information about:
- Related to drive and ambitions
- Ability to make a positive impact when you return to their home country
- Any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activities that relate to the aspirations and chosen curriculum
- Completed scholarship application form
- Copy of passport/ID
- Copies of transcripts/diplomas
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- The CV (Curriculum Vitae)
1 May 2020 23:59 GMT