Students who fail to achieve higher and quality education due to financial crises now have a chance to apply for the Freshman Merit Awards organized by the Chaminade University of Honolulu. These scholarships are open for incoming and transfer students willing to study in the US.
The Chaminade University of Honolulu is dedicated to assisting students in their academics; therefore, they introduced grants to support hard-working students. The scholarship funds will be enormous enough to overcome financial barriers and accomplish their studies.
Chaminade University of Honolulu
The Chaminade University of Honolulu is known as a private Marianist university located in Honolulu, Hawaii. Established in 1955 by the Society of Mary, Chaminade is located in Kaimuki, Honolulu Chaminade provides bachelor’s degrees in 23 fields of study and five master’s degree programs. It specializes in biology, business, criminal justice, education, forensic sciences, interior design, nursing, and religious studies. Chaminade University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to recent incoming newcomers and transfer students for institutional merit-based scholarships at the time of admissions with no separate application being required.
- Merit scholarships based on academic success and rigour in high school
- Chaminade offers merit scholarships to transfer students with a minimum college GPA of 2.5.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The awards are open for studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Chaminade University?
The Chaminade University of Honolulu is known for its small class sizes, leadership development opportunities, and research and experiential learning programs. Chaminade is an above-average private Catholic university located in Honolulu, Hawaii. It is an institution with an enrollment of 1,401 undergraduate students. The Chaminade acceptance rate is 95%. The popular majors include Criminal Justice and Safety Studies, Psychology, and Liberal Arts and Humanities.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Chaminade University will offer first-year student scholarship awards ranging from $6,000 to $17,000 for the academic year.
- The university will offer merit scholarships to transfer students with a minimum college GPA of 2.5. Merit awards for transfer students range from $4,000 to $8,500 for the academic year.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants don’t need to apply via any separate application for the scholarship. Students applying for admission at the university will automatically get considered for the scholarship upon entry. Students need to create a new account or log in to the existing one to get admission.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- The average GPA at the Chaminade University of Honolulu is 3.42. With a GPA of 3.42, the University requires you to be around average in your high school class.
- You’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s and very few C’s. If you have a lower GPA, you can compensate with more challenging courses like AP or IB classes.
International students must have a visa status that allows academic study at Chaminade University. This can include temporary U.S. visas such as F-1 student visas, J-1 exchange visitors, H-1 temporary workers, dependent visas, or any other non-immigrant classifications.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 808-735-4711
University location: 3140 Waialae Avenue Honolulu, Hawaii 96816