Are looking to pursue a master’s degree in Sweden? If yes, then here’s a chance for you. The Chalmers University of Technology is offering approximately 45 IPOET scholarship programs in the academic year 2020-2021.
The scholarship is sponsored by the Swedish Council Of Higher education for prospective fee-paying students. The scholarships will be distributed and awarded by Chalmers to international students.
Chalmers University of Technology
The Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg conducts research and education in technology and natural sciences at a high international level. The university provides education in engineering, technology, shipping, and architecture. Based on scientific excellence, Chalmers promotes information and technological solutions for a sustainable environment.
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have a high school certificate.
- The applicant must be an international student from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education.
- The applicant who wants to study in 1st-year Master’s program at the Chalmers University of Technology.
- The applicant must have an eligible degree or certificate program at your college or career school.
Acceptable course and Subjects
- Automation and mechatronics
- Biotechnology and Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Engineering for sustainable development
- Engineering Physics, Mathematics
- Industrial engineering and management
- Information engineering
- Mechanical and Industrial design engineering
- Maritime management
- Technology and learning
Why study at the Chalmers University of Technology?
At The Chalmers University of Technology, you’ll learn to think independently and to meet future challenges with the help of engineering methods. Here, you”ll emphasize your creativity and believe in the necessity of free-thinking so that you can be sure that you can test your ideas for real. It is ranked #139 in QS Global World Rankings 2021.
Benefits of the Programs
- The scholarship provides a 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters / 2-year program).
- Students who succeed during their first year of study may receive an increased reduction in scholarships, which will cover 85 % of the school fees for the second and final year of study.
- Here, no funds shall be passed to the scholarship recipients.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step1: Apply for Admission
The application round for the academic year 2021/22 commencing in the autumn semester 2021 will open Mid-October 2020. The applicants who want to admission at the university. In general, all students who aspire to study at The Chalmers University of Technology must apply via the national admission service’s website.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
To apply, you must first make an online application to one or several Master’s programmes at Chalmers University, Each applicant is assigned an application number, and this number is required to complete the scholarship application.
Step3: Submit Required Documents
- Certificates and diplomas from university studies
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements – A course description (syllabus) must be submitted for each course that may meet a specific prerequisite
- Document your citizenship, for the determination of your fee status
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of (intent) motivation
- The prospective student must hold a Degree of Bachelor or Degree of Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Science, Engineering, Technology or Architecture from an internationally recognized university.
- To be eligible for Master’s programmes at Chalmers, applicants are generally required to have attained at least a 70% cumulative average of the maximum grade during their Bachelor’s studies.
- The applicant can meet the requirement by achieving the required score on an internationally recognized English test. Completed upper secondary education or previous university studies in some countries can also fulfil the requirement.
If you come from a country outside the EU/EEA and you are planning to study for longer than three months, you require a residence permit. As an EU/EEA citizen, you have the right of residence in Sweden and may study without a residence permit. The application has to be made directly at the Swedish Migration Agency.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2021
Contact address: SE-412 96 GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN – PHONE: +46 (0)31-772 10 00
University Location: Chalmersplatsen 4, 412 96 Gothenburg, Sweden