Cape Breton University is offering financial assistance to students through their Entrance scholarships. The scholarship program is arranged for the incoming freshman students from around the world willing to take their higher studies at the university in Canada for 2021-2022.
The University decided to organize the grant to appreciate students’ hard work and assist them in their career. The offered award amount will help the recipient in paying for their tuition, fees, books, or other expenses.
Cape Breton University
Cape Breton University (CBU) is a public, co-ed, primarily undergraduate university located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. It is the only post-secondary degree-granting institution within the Cape Breton Regional Municipality and on Cape Breton Island. The Cape Breton University Act enables the university passed by the Nova Scotia House of Assembly. Before this, CBU was enabled by the University College of Cape Breton Act (amended). The University College of Cape Breton’s Coat of Arms were registered with the Canadian Heraldic Authority on May 27, 1995.
The candidate must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Students entering directly from high school or articulation agreement partners are considered for entrance scholarships based on their academic grades.
High School Students
- No failures in Grade 11 or 12 courses
- The average is based on all AC & AD Grade 11 courses and all AC & AD completed Grade 12 courses after the first semester
- Cape Breton University will determine the average for international students entering directly from high school
- ESL conditional offers must attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honoured
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for studying an undergraduate degree program in the given fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Cape Breton University?
As a university dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, CBU provides students with the advantage of outstanding experiential learning and undergraduate research opportunities in a supportive academic environment. CBU also offers a comprehensive set of liberal arts, science, business, health and professional programs on the first energy self-sufficient campus in North America.
Benefits of the Programs
A limited number of the given awards will be offered:
- A Chancellor’s scholarship worth $30,000
- President’s scholarship worth $20,000
- Deans’ scholarship worth $10,000
- Fitzgerald scholarship worth $20,000
- Schwartz scholarship worth $14,000
- W.M. Reid scholarship worth $11,500
- Orpha Thayer-Scott scholarship worth $10,000
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, applicants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Candidates need to apply for admission at the university to get considered for the scholarship. The applicants are asked to apply for the admission with all the required documents to get applicable. There will be no need for the separate application required to apply for the scholarship.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from the prior school
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Financial need application for those interested in bursaries
- Aspirants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- An overall average of 65% is required for all students applying to most CBU credit programs based on high school performance. Additional requirements may apply to specific programs.
- If space permits, CBU will accept all candidates who can verify that they have met the minimum entry requirements established by CBU for the programs they wish to enrol.
- CBU does not guarantee that applications completed after August 1, will be processed for September registration.
As an international student planning to study in Canada, you must apply for a study permit and either a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). If you choose to apply to CBU and get accepted, you will need your letter of acceptance to start the study permit application process, and you should begin this process four to six months before you plan to arrive.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
Contact address: +1 888-959-9995
University location: 1250 Grand Lake Rd, Sydney, NS B1P 6L2, Canada