Canadian Mennonite University offers its enormous Academic Merit Awards & Scholarships for international students to study in Canada. The students willing to start their higher studies at Canadian Mennonite University will apply for the funds.
Each year the university offers several grants to students with a high academic record to help them out in their educational journey. These funds are used by the students to pay for their tuition, fees, books, or any other educational expenses.
Canadian Mennonite University
Canadian Mennonite University is a private Mennonite university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, with 1607 students. The university was chartered in 1999 with a Shaftesbury campus in southwest Winnipeg and Menno Simons College, and a campus at The University of Winnipeg. Canadian Mennonite University offers several degrees, including Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Music Therapy, Master of Arts in Theological Studies or Christian Ministry, and Master of Business Administration.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Students completing a high school diploma or have no more than 30 credit hours of post-secondary education.
- Must plan to enroll in full-time studies at CMU (minimum nine credit hours per semester).
- Students must have a CMU Entrance Average of no less than 80%
- Must have a GPA of 3.5
- For continuing, scholarships students must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester at CMU
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying any degree program in the given fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Canadian Mennonite University?
CMU is an innovative Christian university, rooted in the Anabaptist faith tradition, moved and transformed by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Through education, research, and service, CMU inspires and equips women and men for lives of service, leadership, and reconciliation in church and society.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Each year up to 19 Merit Awards ($1000-$1500 per year up to four years) are given to students upon entering CMU.
- Over 4 Academic Merit Awards (maximum value $4,000; $1000 per year up to four years) are awarded to students entering CMU.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To qualify for an Academic Merit Award, students must submit this application and a 500-word essay answering one of the questions below. One nomination form must also be offered from someone who knows the student well and can recommend them for this award (e.g., teacher, guidance counselor, employer, youth leader, volunteer coordinator, pastor, mentor).
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- 500 word, double spaced essay on your chose topic. This can be uploaded through your application portal.
- A nomination form you’ve requested someone to complete. This will be automatically sent to your nominator at the time of form completion.
- Aspirants must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Candidates must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTest): Minimum scores are 4.5 in reading and listening, 4.0 in speaking and writing. International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Min.
- Canadian Mennonite University requires a minimum score of 59 on PTE Academic.
Standard requirements for all universities and institutions include an updated passport, proficiency in English or French, proof of passing prescribed language tests with minimum grades/bands, and proof that you can finance your study and the cost of living in the country.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021
Contact address: +1 204-487-3300 /firstname.lastname@example.org
University location: 500 Shaftesbury Blvd, Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2, Canada