When we are talking about world’s top performing education systems, the name of Canada has been mentioned among the countries which are known for providing the best education. Canada has reached into the top tier of international rankings.
For many years Canada is the topmost preferred country for International students to study abroad. Students prefer Canada for higher education on account of various reasons. Some of them are listed below:
Education and Scholarship: The Canadian education system attracts students from all over the world because of its high quality of education which is recognized globally. Canadian Universities are considered among the best universities in the world and provide various courses. The top 5 Universities in Canada are the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, McMaster University, and the University of Montreal. Canadian Universities provides valuable education at very low fees compared to other countries across the globe to International students. International students can get the scholarship opportunities for their financial help both the government and universities provide financial aid to students.
Visa process proficiency: Canada welcomes a number of international students each year. If you want to get an education at a Canadian educational institution, you should apply for a study permit. A study permit, once issued, allows international students to study in Canada at an approved institution for the duration of the specified course or program.
In some cases, you do not require a study permit to go to school in Canada:
- If the course or program you intend to study is less than 6 months in duration.
- If you are a family member or staff of a foreign representative to Canada.
- If you are a member of a foreign armed force.
To be eligible to study in Canada:
- You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees;
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada; and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) may also be required if the student is a citizen of a country from which Temporary Resident Visas are required for entry into Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa is not required for citizens of visa exempt countries.
Affordability and Safety: The Government of Canada and Universities play an important role for the safety of international students inside the university and across the country. The students are safe and enjoy all sorts of freedom and government ensures protection with respect to human rights, equality that help the society to be peaceful. The international students are treated equally as Canadian.
Employment Opportunities: Canada, unlike UK or US, allows its international students to take up part-time jobs both on campus and off campus. No work permit is needed to work on campus and students are allowed to work up to 20 hours/week. There is the number of part-time jobs available off campus like jobs in Hotels, hostels, general labor, Tutor etc.