Students who are in search of funds to accomplish their higher education now have an opportunity to apply for the scholarships offered by Bowie State University. The university is considering applications from new students entering the campus for any undergraduate degree program.
Bowie State University offers a range of grants, with its qualifications for consideration to support talented students academically. These grants can be utilized by the students in covering up tuition and other educational expenses.
Bowie State University
Bowie State University is a historically black university in Prince George’s County, Maryland, north of Bowie. Founded in 1865, Bowie State is Maryland’s oldest historically black university and one of its ten oldest. The university has 22 undergraduate majors, 19 master’s programs, two doctoral programs, and 14 certificate programs in disciplines as diverse as computer science, education, human resource development, organizational communication, and nursing.
The aspirant must meet up with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The aspirant must be an international student.
- Open to new students who will be automatically considered for merit-based, and BSU Assist awards based on the SAT/ACT scores and GPA provided on admissions applications.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate students
- Open to full-time transfer students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree
- Must have minimum 2.8 GPA for transfer students
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grants are available for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Bowie State University?
Bowie State University offers students with an exceptional education while limiting your debt. Their proximity to major metropolitan areas gives students easy access to internships, cultural experiences and recreation. Bowie State University gained its recognition as a leader in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will be offering an amount: up to $3,000 for New students
- The university will also distribute an amount: up to $4,000 for Transfer Scholarships
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for the scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
New students entering the University for any Undergraduate Degree will automatically get considered for the scholarships. The students don’t need to submit any separate application to apply for the fund. Candidates will be considered upon admission. Students must note that all students must complete the FAFSA to be considered for any financial aid.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Candidate must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Aspirant must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- SAT Range: 860-1040.
- ACT Range: 16-20.
- SAT/ACT scores are considered but not essential requirements.
Candidates must be cleared by the International Student Advisor before an I-20 will be mailed. International transfer students who will be currently attending a school in the United States must also provide a copy of their current I-20 and a copy of their valid F-1 Visa.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 301-860-4000
University location: 14000 Jericho Park Rd, Bowie, MD 20715, United States