Students looking for opportunities to study in the UK have a chance to apply for the GREAT Scholarships arranged by Bournemouth University. The program applications are open to students from Bangladesh, China, Ghana, or Thailand.
The funds will help the recipients in covering up their tuition fees for full-time postgraduate courses. The students need to have a minimum of a UK upper second-class Honours degree to apply for the scholarship.
Bournemouth University is known as a public university in Bournemouth, Dorset, England, with its main campus situated in neighboring Poole. The university was founded in 1992; however, its predecessor’s origins date back to the early 1900s. The university currently has over 16,000 students, including over 3,000 international students. The university is recognized for its work in the media industry.
The applicant must meet up the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Candidates for full-time taught postgraduate courses who are residents in Bangladesh, China, Ghana, or Thailand.
- You must have achieved a minimum of a UK upper second-class Honours (2:1) degree (or overseas equivalent) relevant to your postgraduate study.
- Applicants for Postgraduate Diplomas are not eligible for this award. You cannot receive any other BU scholarships.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available to studying a postgraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Bournemouth University?
Bournemouth University was the first to be commended for the quality of student learning opportunities by the QAA. The University has also been praised for its role in developing Dorset’s creative industry and helping it thrive. The university lays claims to a strong professional orientation with a focus on academic excellence and graduate employability. It is particularly renowned for its media courses, and BU is recognized as the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice in the UK.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarship includes an amount of £10,000 for a tuition fee reduction.
- The students will get enough help in accomplishing their higher education.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, students are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for a scholarship
Students can apply for the scholarship program directly through an online procedure. The candidates need to provide their information through an online application form and provide all the required documents.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Candidates must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Students should check the individual course pages for the programs you are interested in to get an overview of what is required.
If you only intend to come to the UK after 1 January 2021 and you are going to be studying for at least six months duration, then you will need to apply for this Student Route visa.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
Contact address: 01202 969696
University location: Fern Barrow, Poole BH12 5BB, United Kingdom