Students looking for financial aids are cordially invited by the Bournemouth University to apply for their Academic Excellence International Scholarship. The applications are available for the students willing to acquire their postgraduate degree at the university in the UK.
Bournemouth University will be assisting applicants with enormous funds through its scholarship program. The award amount can be used as a deduction in the tuition fees for the talented recipients of the program.
Bournemouth University is a public university in Bournemouth, Dorset, England, with its main campus situated in neighbouring Poole. The university was founded in 1992; however, its predecessor’s origins date back to the early 1900s. The university currently has over 16,000 students, including over 3,000 international students. The university is recognized for its work in the media industries. Graduates from the university have worked on several Hollywood films, including Gravity, which was awarded the Achievement in Visual Effects Oscar at the 86th Academy Awards in 2015.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to any international applicant for a full-time taught postgraduate course or Master’s by research at BU
- Students must have achieved a minimum of an upper second-class Honours degree or a CPE with a merit profile
- Candidates for the Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE) and Legal Practice Course (LPC) are eligible for this award.
- If students are applying for a Postgraduate Diploma, distance learning course or certain courses delivered by the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences, they will not be eligible for this award
- Students can receive this scholarship alongside a Sports or Music scholarship, but cannot receive any other academic award.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The offered scholarships are available for studying a postgraduate degree program in the below fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Bournemouth University?
Bournemouth University was the first to be commended for the quality of student learning opportunities by the QAA. The university has also been known for its role in developing Dorset’s creative industry and helping it thrive. It lays claims to a strong professional orientation with a focus on academic excellence and graduate employability. It is particularly renowned for its media courses, and the university is recognized as the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice in the UK.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university is distributing an award of amount £3,500 (tuition fee reduction)
- There will be an unlimited number of awards for talented students enrolling at the university.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, candidates are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Bournemouth University’s scholarship does not require any separate application to apply for the fund. Eligible candidates are advised to apply for any postgraduate course at the university through an online process. Students are asked to submit all the required information with the document to make their application complete.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirants must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- You can apply to study a Bachelor’s degree from year one if you hold a Higher Secondary School Certificate/Standard XII and have achieved an average percentage of at least 65% (although some courses will require this to be higher).
Students will receive a 90-day entry clearance visa that will allow you to enter the UK. Once you are in the UK, you will be issued with Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), covering your full duration of studies. You do not have to apply separately for a BRP. You’ll get one automatically if your visa or immigration application is approved, or you’re replacing an older document.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 (0)1202 969696/ [email protected]
University location: Unnamed Road, Poole BH12 5BB, United Kingdom