Bishop Grosseteste University is introducing its scholarship program for people from a wide array of backgrounds to help them accomplish their dreams. The applications are available for incoming freshman students entering the university for the year 2021-2022.
The University is offering approximately £300,000 worth of scholarships and bursaries to support needy students and let them complete their higher education with ease. These grants will be used towards the tuition fees for undergraduate degree courses.
Bishop Grosseteste University
Bishop Grosseteste University is one of two public universities in the city of Lincoln, England. BGU was established as a teacher training college for the Diocese of Lincoln in 1862. It gained taught degree awarding powers in 2012 and was granted full university status on 3 December 2012. It has around 2,300 full-time students enrolled on a variety of programmes and courses.
The applicant must meet up with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to people from a wide array of backgrounds.
- Then, once you’ve accepted an offer from the university for one of their undergraduate courses
- To apply for the scholarship you must have achieved or be predicted to achieve ABB or equivalent prior to starting your degree. You must also have firmly accepted a place on an undergraduate programme at BGU with an existing full-time MA progression route.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are granted for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Bishop Grosseteste University?
The University has been educating students for over 150 years in the heart of historic Lincoln, a beautiful and extremely student-friendly city. Their students are some of the happiest in the UK, they have extremely high rates of graduate employability and they were recently rated amongst the very best universities in the UK for teaching excellence.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- 10 scholarships will be distributed by the university to deserving students.
- £9250 fee waiver for the final year of undergraduate study will be granted to the recipients.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students willing to get a scholarship first need to apply for admission at the university. Applicants can apply through online process by providing all the required documents with the application to get considered.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which they studied.
- If you are an international student, you may have different qualifications than students from the UK. You can check from the list mentioned on the main site to find out the entry requirements for both our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
To apply for a student visa, applicants must first be issued with a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) number. The UK government have recently introduced a new route for students which replaces the Tier 4 General visa that you may be familiar with. The Student route improves on the previous Tier 4 route making for a more streamlined experience for overseas students willing to study in the UK. Applicants must be assured, that visas that have been issued through the Tier 4 route are still valid and those eligible will still be able to apply for the Graduate Route when it opens in summer 2021.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 (0)1522 527347
University location: Longdales Rd, Lincoln LN1 3DY, United Kingdom