Essay competitions express a significant role in inspiring aspirants and also provide an opportunity for them to gain valuable experience, showcase skills, and evaluate results. So students who want to develop their ideas and abilities, here is good news for them. The University of California, Berkeley is calling participants for its Undergraduate Prize for Architectural Design Excellence Essay Competition.
The Essay Competition gives a wonderful opportunity for aspirants enrolled in any certified undergraduate architecture program or diploma in architecture program around the world. It aims to promote the investigation of architecture as a social art and offers a total prize of 35,000USD to the winners.
Wish you all the best, and we hope you enjoy this journey!!
Table of Contents
To be considered for this Excellence Essay Competition, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- The competition is open for students enrolled in any accredited undergraduate architecture program or diploma in architecture program throughout the world.
- Both finalists will be required to provide proof of current registration in the form of copies of actual school transcripts. You are still eligible to compete if both of you were an undergraduate student on September 15, 2019, but one or both of you graduate before the awards are scheduled to be given.
You must meet the requirements listed below:
- Write a 500-word proposal for an essay on this year’s Essay Question, as posted.
- All proposals must be submitted by a two-member team.
- Essays must be submitted in English.
First Step: Create your own account from here.
Second Step: Verify your account from a verification message sent to your account then log in and complete your account information.
Third Step: Write a 500-word proposal for an essay on this year’s Essay Question, as posted.
Fourth Step: Provide one photograph of each of your chosen projects, It should be:
- at a minimum 500 pixels wide, and in .jpg format.
- taken by one member of the team.
Fifth Step: Submit the essay and photographs online.
- There is a total prize of 35,000USD, minimum 9,000USD first prize.
- The remaining purse is to be allocated at the discretion of the Jury.
Application Deadline: Entries must be submitted by November 1, 2019.