Alan Tudge, the Acting Immigration Minister of Australia, has made an announcement. This is regarding the significant classes of temporary visa holders to be affected due to the Corona outbreak.
The Government announced few changes where some people are allowed to stay there, and others are forced to go to their respective countries.
The temporary visa holders are invited to Australia on a temporary base for different-different skills. Also, they are an essential part of their economy. For example, there are 8000 medical professionals in Australia to support their health systems.
The Temporary Visa Holders Include:
- The Visitors,
- International students,
- Skilled visa holders.
Australian Government asked the temporary visa holders to “go home”, who are not able to support themselves. This announcement will be affecting 2 million people who are temporary visa holders because of the COVID 19.
Changes in Visas
The Government of Australia asked the visitor visa holder to return to their “home country”. This is for those whose visa is lasting three months or less than that. This has to be done as soon as possible because they want to protect the livelihood of the Australians who are living in Australia.
Changes in Visas for International Students:-
- Tudge said to the international visa holder students, who have been there for more than 12 months to access the Australian superannuation that they have. This is because they are facing very difficulties due to the corona outbreak.
- The Government of Australia suggested all the other international students rely on savings, family support and their part-time work if available. Otherwise, they have to go back to their home countries.
- The Government will be taking further decisions with the education sector. These decisions will be to provide financial help to the international students who are facing difficulties in the corona crisis in the fiscal year.
- Australian universities have provided help to international students, which includes- particular loans, funds, grocery vouchers, etc. Also, they have reduced the fees. The education minister of Australia says to find out the other ways to support international students.
Changes in Visas for Skilled Visa Holders:-
- According to the data provided by CNN, there are about 139,000 people who are skilled visa holders. And, they are working on two years or four-year visas to fill the skilled person shortages.
- Skilled visa holders are allowed to use their superannuation up to $10,000 in the current year. Also, if experienced visa holders lose their job, then they will have 60 days to find a new job. Otherwise, they have to leave the country. The people whose hours are reduced will not be facing any further changes in their visas.
Anyone who is thinking of studying, visiting, or working in Australia, should talk to Y-Axis, which is the World’s No.1 Visa company and Immigration.