If you are a bright, talented or motivated international student and want to study in Australia, then apply for Curtin University Starter Support Scholarship at Curtin University. The award is available for all students studying online, outside of Western Australia for Semester 1, 2021, and commencing a full Curtin undergraduate or master by coursework program.
The object of this funding program is to assist international students of any nationality who are not able to travel to Western Australia due to the Novel Coronavirus and border/travel restrictions. This program provided them with an excellent education with experience at an international level.
Curtin University is a Western Australia’s largest public research university. With over 95 specialist’s centres, it comprises five main faculties and ranks in the top 1% of universities globally according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities. It has a diverse range of research areas that benefit the lives of people all over the world. There are high-impact research and a wide range of innovative courses available.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- This scholarship is only for the students commencing a full Curtin undergraduate or master by coursework program.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate degrees available to international students.
- Applicants must be eligible to study in Australia with a student visa.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The studentships are open for studying an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Business and Law
- Health Sciences
- Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
Why Study at Curtin University?
The Curtin University of Australia is rated as an upgraded university for international student support. It provides an opportunity to participate in science, business, and law programs. It may recognize that the travel restrictions may impact you to Australia due to the Novel Coronavirus; therefore, it offers you the Starter Support Scholarship to provide financial assistance to support you in those circumstances. It has been nationally acknowledged for distinguished service to education.
Benefits of the Program
The scholarship is categorizing awards for any student who is commencing in semester 1 2021 who are unable to visit Western Australia due to border or travel restrictions.
- Students can be enrolled in a full-time course load (100 Credit points) in Semester 1 2021, will get AUD$5000 fee remission.
- Students that are registered in less than 100 credit points will be eligible to receive a pro-rated amount equivalent to one of the following:
- Enrolled in 2 units (50 Credit points) AUD$2000 reduction
- Enrolled in 3 units (75 Credit points) AUD$3750 reduction
- Enrolled in 4 units (100 Credit points) AUD$5000 reduction
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
No separate scholarship application is required. All succeeding applications to Curtin are automatically considered for the Starter Support Scholarship.
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students are called to apply as normal for their chosen undergraduate or postgraduate program through any one of Curtin University registered education agents.
Students can also apply online.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- Letter of Offer
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- The student must maintain a full-time enrolment of 100 credit points each semester or study period.
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their scholarship offer document.
- Students must be credited to the recipient’s fee account during the semester and cannot be accessed or refunded to the recipient in cash.
- Enrolment Requirements: Not applicable
Students must provide evidence of their Australian visa at the time of application for the course. You must obtain your permit before you arrive in Australia, so make sure you allow enough time for visa processing when deciding on the start date of your course. The conditions of your visa prevent you from suspending your studies.
Applications Deadline: February 26, 2021.
Contact Address: +1300 222 888 or
University Location: Curtin University GPO Box S1512, Perth Western Australia 6845