Abroad education doesn’t come cheap these days. But to make it affordable, Asia Pacific University is offering the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship for highly brilliant international students wishing to study in Japan.
The funding is available to pursue undergraduate degree coursework for the academic session 2020-21.
These scholarships are awarded by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), along with the financial contributions of domestic and international companies and individuals, to support the ideals of APU and to help less financially burden excellent overseas students.
Asia Pacific University
Charted in 2000, Asia Pacific University is a highly rated private institution in Japan. The university aims to prepare students for a variety of careers in government, international organizations, media, the travel industry, and multinational corporations.
Also Read: Best International Scholarships in Japan
- Applicants who have graduated or are scheduled to graduate degree in any subject stream from a university.
- Applicants who have completed or scheduled a 16-year standard education course outside Japan.
- Candidates who have completed a 15-year standard education course outside Japan and academic achievement are determined to be outstanding by the university.
- Candidates who are 22 years of age and have university graduation or above academic qualification to be personally qualified by the graduate school.
- To be eligible for the Tuition Reduction Scholarship, the applicant must obtain a Japanese residency (visa status) before enrolling in APU.
Fields of Study
The award is open to pursuing an undergraduate degree program in any subject stream at the university.
Benefits of the Program
APU Tuition Reduction Scholarships are offered in percentages of 30%, 50%, 65%, 80% and 100%, and cover the minimum amount of academic credit required to graduate within the standard period of time.
|Percentage of Awarded Scholarship||Annual Scholarship Subsidy||Annual Tuition Borne by Student|
|30%||Approx. 390,000 JPY||Approx . 910,000 JPY|
|50%||Approx . 650,000 JPY||Approx . 650,000 JPY|
|65%||Approx . 845,000 JPY||Approx . 455,000 JPY|
|80%||Approx . 1,040,000 JPY||Approx . 260,000 JPY|
|100%||Approx . 1,300,000 JPY||0 JPY|
It is strongly recommended that applicants are required to submit one of the following official language test scores as these test scores strengthen your scholarship application.
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JPLT),
- Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU),
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL),
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC), International Language Testing System (IELTS), or
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Successful candidates will be notified of the reduction amount upon receipt of your application screening results by post and online.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants need to have SAT; ACT and other standardized test scores and must have a student visa. Aspirants can check the admission requirements here.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
Applicants are required to write an essay, and send it together with your general application documents such as:
- Academic transcript
- Application fee
- English language requirements
- Personal statement
Application Deadline: Varies according to the country
Frequently Asked Question
Question-What can you study at APU?
Answer- There are two majors to choose from at APU that is Asia Pacific Studies and International Management.
Question- I’ve never been to Japan, and I don’t speak Japanese. Can I still study at APU?
Answer- Yes, almost all courses at APU are offered in both English and Japanese, which means that applicants require sufficient competence in one of these languages at the time of enrollment.
Question- Am I required to study Japanese at APU?
Answer- To graduate, English-based undergraduate students are required to complete at least 16 credits of Japanese-language courses (excluding third-year transfer)