If you are an excellent essayist who is able to come up with fantastic essays on a diversity of topics, then an essay contest could be a great option for you. Enhance your writing skills and enjoy various benefits by joining this Academic Essay Contest sponsored by the ASEAN-Korea Centre and ASEAN University Network.
The Center aims to encourage economic and socio-cultural cooperation between ASEAN and Korea. It also provides an outstanding opportunity for students to share their perspectives and knowledge on ASEAN and ASEAN-Korea relations.
Time is admittedly valuable therefore apply as early as possible because the deadline is approaching nearly. Hurry Up!!
Table of Contents
The competition invites all ASEAN and Korean undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in educational institutions located in ASEAN or Korea.
To be considered for this essay contest, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
|Max. 4,000 words or 10 pages||Max. 3,000 words or 10 pages|
|Times New Roman||한컴바탕|
|1.5 interlinear||1.5 interlinear|
*Abstract: 500 words / 1 page
- Essays must be submitted and formatted in Microsoft Word.
- In-text citations must be made in APA (sixth edition).
- All requirements must be submitted electronically by the submission deadline on the link given below.
- Reference materials must be properly cited. About the plagiarism policy, refer to www.plagiarism.org.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Only original and unpublished essays will be considered for assessment.
- The winners will be invited to an academic workshop to present their essays.
- Winners will be provided an opportunity for study visits to ASEAN and Korea (4 nights / 5 days):
Study Trip to Korea – Visits to the ASEAN-Korea Centre, universities, research institutes, and cultural sites in Korea.
Study Trip to ASEAN – Visits to the universities, research institutes and cultural sites in Viet Nam.
- Travel expenses will be covered by the ASEAN-Korea Centre.
Application Deadline: Entries must be submitted by October 31, 2019