In order to focus on attracting outstanding aspirants, Griffith University is now accepting applications for the Griffith Remarkable Scholarship for International Students in Australia for the academic year 2020-2021.
Founded in 1971, Griffith University is ranked in the top 2% of universities globally. It provides a full suite of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees in various subject areas. It helps students to develop their academic and research skills and manage life while they study.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Candidate must have a minimum GPA or equivalent in previous studies for an undergraduate degree.
- Postgraduate coursework candidates are required to have a minimum GPA in undergraduate studies of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 5.5 on a 7.0 scale.
- The candidates are needed to satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of the previous study.
- Candidates must have to be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in a postgraduate or undergraduate degree Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2020 at Griffith University.
Course and Subject
The grant is available for studying the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework in any subject area at the university.
Benefits of the Program
This education award will cover 50% of tuition fees. It will be deducted from undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees for the duration of the program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For being enlisted in this educational program, you are recommended to be enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate degree student at Griffith University. After taking affirmation, aspirants can complete the online application form of the scholarship.
- To take admission at the university, candidates are needed to completion of secondary school comparable to Australian Year 12 or equivalent academic achievement.
- For postgraduate degree, candidates are demanded to hold a bachelor degree or higher (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Candidates are also required to meet minimum Grade Point Average entry requirements.
- A certified/attested real copy of supporting documentation demonstrating substantial academic merit.
- Personal Statement addresses why the applicant has applied for the scholarship. It should be between 250 and 500 words.
English Language Requirements
If a candidate’s previous study was undertaken in a language other than English, they need to take an English language test to demonstrate that they met the English language requirements study a degree at the university. The university accepts the following English test for entry at the university:
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5, with no subscore less than 6.0 or
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 575 or
- Internet-based (IBT) TOEFL: a score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19) or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): an overall score of 58 with no score less than 50 or
- ISLPR: no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR
- For trimester 2 2020 – Applications close Friday, 17 April 2020 (for 6 July commencement). Outcome notified by 1 May.
- For trimester 3 2020 – Applications close Friday, 7 August 2020 (for 26 October commencement). Outcome notified by 21 August.