For providing financial support to the deserving aspirants, British Council is now awarding IELTS Awards for international students in the UK. The Prize is open for aspirants from eligible given countries with the motivation to develop their career.
Up to ten awards are available for those eligible candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience. Ten lucky IELTS test-takers in selected countries will be given a cash prize to turn their academic dreams into reality.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization specializing in international cultural and educational opportunities. It works with more than 100 countries across the world. It offers face-to-face teaching in more than 80 teaching centres in more than 50 countries.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident in one of the following countries: Colombia, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates or Uzbekistan.
- Applicant must begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in academic year 2020/202.
- Candidate must attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
- Aspirants must have to register for an IELTS test with the British Council between January 2019 and February 2020 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application form.
- Candidate must have a minimum overall band score of 5.
- Applicant must be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by July 2020.
- All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Level of Study
The program is open for the following degree programs:
- Undergraduate degree in any subject
- Postgraduate degree in any subject
Benefits of the Programs
The British Council will provide a prize amount worth £3,000 for ten lucky IELTS test takers. Through this program, students can improve their English and communication skills. Candidates will get real experience of professional environments and equipment within the specialized learning facilities of the University.
How to Apply for IELTS Prize
Candidates can apply for the Prize by following these steps:
Step 1: Start your Application
All eligible aspirants are needed to complete the IELTS Prize online application form together with uploaded copies of your:
- IELTS Test Report Form
- Recent passport size photograph
- Passport or identification document proving your permanent residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
Step 2: Personal statement
As part of the applicant, you are required to submit a personal statement describing your reasons for applying for a particular course and in what ways you expect your study experience to make a difference to your life and those around you. It should be no more than 500 words.
- Application deadline: February 29, 2020
- Shortlisting, selection and winners announcement: March 2020
- Awards ceremony: April 2020
Why Choose IELTS?
IELTS – The International English Language Testing System is the world’s most popular English language test for higher education and global migration. More than 10,000 organizations accept IELTS in over 140 countries. It helps you get a better job or a promotion in your home country. All immigration authorities that require an English language test will accept IELTS.
Frequently Asked Question
Question- Who is the Host Nationality?
Answer-The program is hosted in the British Council, UK.
What are the entry requirements of the program?
Answer- Students must have a minimum overall band score of 5 and attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.