The USA is a great educational hub for international students, which now includes a chance to apply for Diversity Scholarships organized by Alcorn State University. The awards are open for first-year students willing to enrol at the campus for their further studies starting in September.
Alcorn State University is currently offering two scholarship programs for new aspirants to help them in their educational careers. The enormous award amount will the recipients in paying for their high-cost expenses needed to accomplish their degrees.
Alcorn State University
Alcorn State University is known as a public historically black land-grant university located in Lorman, Mississippi. It was established in 1871 and was the first Black land grant college established in the United States. Alcorn State is the second-largest historically black college or university (HBCU) and the fifth largest university in Mississippi, with approximately 3,700 undergraduate and 600 graduate students. The university has seven schools, offering more than 50 different fields of study.
The applicant must follow eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The Presidential Diversity Ambassadors scholarship is awarded to enrolling Freshmen non-African American students with 22 or 23 on the ACT or equivalence on the SAT (reading and math only) and a 3.0 or better high school grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale upon graduation.
- All U.S. and eligible Non-U.S. citizens scholarship recipients are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- The Diversity Scholarship is awarded to enrolling Freshmen non-African American students with an 18 or above on the ACT or its equivalence on the SAT (reading and math only) and a 3.0 or better high school grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale upon graduation.
- The awardee of these scholarship must be a first-time freshman
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The awardsare available for pursuing any degree program in the given fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Alcorn State University?
Alcorn State University is all about “Knowledge and Character.” Alcorn State University opens its gates to any student who is willing to learn and succeed. Generations of successful alumni have distinguished themselves in the most competitive arenas, including education, medicine, law, business, and professional athletics. It has national recognition for excellence in liberal arts, agricultural research, technology, music, and nursing.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The Presidential Diversity Ambassadors scholarship is renewable each year, expanding eight (8) semesters. This award covers up to $10,000 per year. This scholarship is renewable each year, expanding eight (8) semesters.
- The Diversity Scholarship is a one-time scholarship that covers up to $5,000 in the academic year of the award
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students who are looking forward to applying for the scholarship need to apply for admission at the university for any of the courses. Students can apply for admission through the given link below.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
After acceptance at the university, the students will be eligible to apply for the scholarship. The candidates can then fill an online application form provided on the main page itself.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country oor study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Must complete the College Prep Curriculum with a minimum 2.5 GPA and score at least 16 or higher on the ACT or rank in the upper 50% of your class and score at least 16 or higher. Must complete the College Prep Curriculum with a minimum 2.0 GPA and score 18 or higher on the ACT.
A student visa (F or M) is required to study in the United States. Foreign nationals may not study after entering on a visitor (B) visa or through the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), except to undertake recreational study (non-credit) as part of a tourist visit. Study leading to the U.S. conferred degree or certificate is never permitted on a visitor (B) visa, even if it is for a short duration. For example, students in a distance learning program that requires a period on the institution’s U.S. campus must obtain a student (F or M) visa before entering the United States.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 601-877-6100
University location: 1000 Asu Dr, Lorman, MS 39096, United States