The African Organization for Standardization is welcoming students in institutions of higher learning in Africa to participate in 7th Continental Essay Competition to their respective National Standards Bodies (NSBs).
The theme of this year is “The role of Standardization in resolving and addressing the socio-economic issues for the Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons and creating durable Solutions to Forced Displacement in Africa.”
- The competition is open to Citizens of all African Countries below the age of 35 years.
- Applicant living and studying in university/college recognized by the local commission for university are eligible to apply.
- The length of the essay should be between 1000 and 1200 words.
- The essay must be presented in Century Gothic font, size 12.
- The candidate can use English or French language.
- Authors may raise their information description up o 50 words.
- The information must include their names, course and year of study, name, town and country in which their university s located.
- Firstly applicants need to fulfil the application form.
- Then, submit the essays on the given theme to their respective National Standards Bodies (NSBs) email addresses.
- The author also needs to provide their postal, physical telephone and email addresses on the first page of the essay and information on the author. Also, attach a copy of the ID card or passport and a filled registration form.
Winners are divided into two levels:
At Regional level
- First Position: USD 500
- Second Position: USD 300
- Third Position: USD 200
- First Position: USD 1000 each
- Second Position: USD 800
- Third Position: USD 500
Allt he applications must be submitted till March 31, 2020.