Students looking forward to pursuing their higher and quality education in the UK are provided with a chance to apply for the Academic Excellence Scholarships arranged by the Aberystwyth University. The scholarship program is open for students entering the university.
The university has organized an entrance exam that students will need to qualify for the scholarships. The award funds will help out recipients in covering up their various educational expenses.
Aberystwyth University is known as a public research university in Aberystwyth, Wales. It was a founding member institution of the former federal University of Wales. The university has over 8,000 students studying across three academic faculties and 17 departments. In 2019, it became the first university to be named “University of the year for teaching quality” by The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide for two consecutive years. It is the first university to be awarded Plastic Free University status (for single-use plastic items).
The candidates must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Students entering the university for any degree are eligible to apply
- If you have placed Aberystwyth as your firm choice of the university through UCAS and also achieve the below results then you will automatically be considered for the award:
- Grades AAA at A-level*;
- DDD in the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma;
- 34 points in the International Baccalaureate;
- A range of additional qualifications is also considered as long as they appear on the UCAS Tariff Table.
- *Grade A in the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma, to contain the Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate, may be accepted instead of one of the A-level grades.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Aberystwyth University?
Studying at Aberystwyth University will provide students with the opportunity to develop academically, mature personally, and succeed professionally. Their aim is to provide an environment where you can develop and learn; and where you’re challenged to think critically and independently; and where students can be innovative and creative as part of a supportive academic community.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will be providing £2,000 in your first year.
- There are more awards according to students needs and qualification.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants who are interested in applying for the scholarship first need to apply for admission at the university. The application process requires filling out an application electronically. Students also need to pass an entrance exam to qualify for the scholarship.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- A-level or AS level qualification;
- Welsh Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate;
- European Baccalaureate;
- Vocational Qualifications (BTEC National Qualifications, BTEC Higher National Diplomas or Certificates. Other recognised professional qualifications will also be seriously considered, e.g. Chartered Institute of Bankers, Institute of Legal Executives).
- HND/ Foundation degree;
- Access qualification.
You must check the information on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study and CAS email, provided to you by the University to apply for your Student visa. Your CAS must not be over six months old when you apply for your student visa. If you use it after this date, your application will be refused.
Application Deadline: May 7, 2021
Contact address: +44 1970 623111
University location: Penglais, Aberystwyth SY23 3FL, United Kingdom