Take a look at the Fully-Funded Graduate Research Scholarships and finance your studies in Australia. Approximately 600 scholarships are awarded to both Australian student and international students for the academic year 2020-2021.
Provided by the University of Melbourne, the grants are available for those high-achieving students who will undertake a Masters by Research degree or doctoral degree. The studentships will provide 100% fee remission and up to $110,000.
University of Melbourne
Melbourne University is a public university of research, located in Melbourne, Australia. It includes ten separate academic units and is linked to numerous institutes and research centres. According to the World Universities Academic Ranking, the University ranks first in Australia and 38th in the world.
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for this educational programme:
- The applicant must be an Australian student and an international student.
- Candidate must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne. OR
- The candidate must be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Applicants must score and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the graduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Humanities and Sociology
- Law and Politics
- Arts and Sciences
- Agricultural and Life Sciences
Why Study at the University of Melbourne?
The University of Melbourne provides the students with a supportive learning environment that puts their confidence in them to provide what they need and also offers a real-world learning experience for the students. Here you will get an opportunity for growth, achievement and incentive to help you attain your potential eventually.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarships will be awarded as follow:
- Approximately 600 scholarships are awarded.
- The scholarship will provide full fee offset for up to two years for a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Students will get a living allowance of $31,200 per year pro-rata for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- The annual living allowance can be measured and includes a minimal paid sick leave, maternity leave and parental leave.
- Candidates will also get relocation grant of $2000 for students from states or territories other than Victoria, or $3000 for students from outside Australia.
- The award will cover overseas Student Health (OSHC) Single Membership for international students studying in Australia needing a student visa.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentship, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
First, you need to choose your graduate degree from over 100 major fields of study, giving you broad exposure to various ideas. After that, you can apply for the graduate degree program at the University of Melbourne.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
After accepting a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you will need to submit an online application form by October 31. You will receive notification that you have applied a scholarship application to your record within seven days of submitting the online form.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- You must complete the Victorian Education Certificate (VCE), or an equivalent qualification.
- For each of the prerequisite subjects for the degree, you must complete and attain the correct grades and any prerequisite assessments or interviews appropriate for the undergraduate course you are applying for.
- To be eligible for a place, you’ll be required to meet the English language requirements of the University.
Candidates are required to accept the offer and enrol in Melbourne to receive your Enrolment Confirmation (CoE). Then, you can apply for your student visa with your CoE. With an Australian student visa, you can only take full-time study in a CRICOS-registered course.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +61390355511