To make your education more affordable, the University of Canterbury is offering Hiranga International Scholarships for the academic year 2020-2021. The scholarship is open to both New Zealand and international students.
The fund is established to recognises and supports top-achieving students commencing an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Canterbury. Approximately 500 Scholarships are available.
University of Canterbury
The University of Canterbury was founded in 1873 and is the oldest university of higher education in New Zealand. It offers 50 undergraduates, 100 graduates, 50 doctorate and PhD programs for the students support in their study. It was ranked 214th overall in the world, and the third highest-ranked university in New Zealand.
For applying, students are needed to complete the following criteria:
- Candidate must be an excellent academic record.
- Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for the grants.
- Students must be enrolled in undergraduate degree courses.
- The applicant has to prove exceptional sporting achievement.
- Candidates must demonstrate competencies and qualities in leadership.
- Candidates must be capable of contributing to university life.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The award is open for studying the undergraduate courses in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why at the University of Canterbury?
The University of Canterbury offers high-quality education, a full option for the undergraduate, postgraduate program and personal support for candidates’ study. It helps teaching and research, overseas exchanges, team building, talent cultivation, campus cultural construction, and funding for students.
Benefits of the Programs
- Approximately 500 Scholarships are available.
- This is a $5000 cash grant, which will be paid at the beginning of your journey to UC.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying students need to fulfil the following process:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To be considered for this award, seekers must take admission in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Canterbury. After being enrolled, candidates will be automatically considered for this studentship.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- Copy Of Passport,
- Letter Of Recommendation,
- Previous certificate.
- Students must have a complete entry requirement of the university
- Entrants need to show any proof that they are excellent in written and spoken English
- You need to hold your previous Degree Certificate
To study in New Zealand, you need a valid New Zealand visa. Student visas are temporary visas allowing people to come to New Zealand to explore for a specified period at a New Zealand institution. You will need a valid passport for study here.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2020
Contact Address: +64 3369 3999
University location: 20 Kirkwood Avenue, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand