If you have always dreamed of attending a reputable university, then studying in New Zealand can be an excellent choice for you. Victoria University of Wellington is now providing you an excellent opportunity to study in New Zealand through applying for the Study Abroad Scholarships for international students.
The fund is established for those eligible international students who want to experience New Zealand culture through the Study Abroad programme at Victoria University of Wellington. Up to 15 scholarships are available for students.
Victoria University of Wellington
Victoria University of Wellington is well known for its law programs, the humanities and other scientific disciplines. This has three campuses spread across the city of Wellington and 40 research centres and institutes. The QS World University Rankings (2020) has ranked it 215th in the Top 500 Universities in the World.
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for this educational programme:
- The scholarship is open only to international students.
- Students must intend to enrol in the Study Abroad programme at Victoria University of Wellington for a minimum of one trimester.
- Candidates must enter their first year of a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree.
- If you completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school, you are not eligible for this scholarship.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Communications & Media Studies
Why Study at Victoria University of Wellington?
Victoria University of Wellington is mainly well known for its arts and social sciences programs and ranks among the best in the World. Here students get an enriching and welcoming environment to concentrate on specific skills development. It offers a variety of globally recognized graduate and research programs that draw students from all over the World.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Up to 15 scholarships are available for students.
- The scholarship is a one-off payment towards the student’s Study Abroad tuition fee.
- Each winning candidate will get the amount worth up to NZ$1,000(1000*15=15000).
- This is a partial fee-based scholarship and will be used for one year of study against the tuition fees.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for admission
If you have an urge for this studentship, then you are suggested to take affirmation in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at Victoria University of Wellington. After receiving an offer of admission from St. Thomas, you will have the option to apply for the scholarship.
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship
After taking admission, seekers can apply for the scholarship. Seekers can apply for the scholarship through the given link. The International Assistant Vice-Chancellor will select the successful applicants.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- An Offer of Place or evidence of a current application to Victoria University of Wellington
- A CV
- A copy of the photo ID page of applicant’s passport
- A motivational statement
The motivational statement can be either written or in the form of a video—it must meet these requirements:
Written statements should be submitted as a PDF or Word Document with your application
- And be no longer than 300 words.
- Video statements should be uploaded onto YouTube, and the link submitted in your online application, and be no longer than 2 minutes.
- You are expected to hold their High School Certificate for an undergraduate degree.
- You are required to hold their bachelor degree certificates to qualify for the postgraduate degree.
- If English isn’t your first language, studying with us would allow you to fulfil the English language requirements.
- You can also find out other entrance requirements.
For study here, you must have a valid student visa — unless you’re a citizen of New Zealand or Australia or a permanent resident. Your student visa will designate Wellington University of Victoria as your place of study. Immigration New Zealand (INZ) recommends you apply for your student visa early — you should apply three to four months before you need to travel with the current visa processing times.
Application Deadline: 13 July (for Trimester 2), 1 December (for Trimester 1), 1 September for Trimester 3, 2020
Contact address: email@example.com or +64 463 5557
University location: Kelburn, Wellington 6012, New Zealand