If you are facing financial crises in your studies, then you have a beneficiary opportunity to take part in the Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship program. The scholarships are open for studying the postgraduate degree at any participating academic institutions.
Approximately 140 studentships are available for international students. The scholarship offers full tuition fees, monthly expense allowance, lodging, books and educational materials, medical care, and transportation.
Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank. It operates 31 field offices worldwide in support of social and economic growth in Asia. The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) annually enrols about 300 students in academic institutions located in 10 countries within the world.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The Program is open international students listed above.
- Candidate must have gained admission to an approved MA course at a participating academic institution.
- Candidates must be 35 years old or younger, in good health, with or equal to a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates are expected to return to their country of origin to contribute to their economic and social development.
- Applicants must have to maintain a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the superior academic record.
- At the time of application, the applicant must have at least two ( 2) years of full-time working work experience (acquired after a university degree).
- Candidate must be able to pursue research, oral and written English communication skills.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Natural resource management
- Science and technology
- Other development-related fields
Participating Academic Institutions
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarships will be awarded as follow:
- Full tuition fees
- A monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- An allowance for books and instructional materials
- Medical insurance
- Travel expenses
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- The scholarship is for one (1) year, with the second year of research extension.
- The maximum duration of a scholarship award is two (2) years for the master’s Program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying, candidates are expected to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for admission
Applicants are requested to take the admission in a postgraduate degree program at any participating academic institutions. Applicants are encouraged to access different resources, including the websites and handbooks of the institutions, and in-country institution information sessions, to help them make educated decisions about the academic institution and path they wish to take.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
Applicants must indicate that they are applying for admission to the academic institution and would like to be accepted for the ADB – JSP Scholarship.
The completed institution application form and the required documents should be sent to the educational institution, including the ADB – JSP application sheet form.
Applications for scholarships should be submitted at least six months in advance of the scheduled time you wish to begin research.
Download the application form in MS Word format.
Download the application form in PDF format.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school degree certificate transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Any other required documentation for your preferred Program.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent to a university record.
- Candidates must provide evidence that their English language proficiency meets the minimum admission requirements.
- Candidates are required to meet each institution’s entry requirements.
A student visa is a special endorsement attached to a passport provided by the government to students enrolled in accredited educational institutions. Student visas are non-immigrant visas for which the applicant is not expected to gain citizenship. Any prospective student in another country searching for higher education must obtain a student visa from that country.
Application Deadline: According to the university admission deadline
Contact email or phone number: +63 2 8636 2444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1550, Metro Manila, Philippines
Frequently Asked Question
Question- Can I apply to a university/institution outside the participating institutions of ADB–JSP?
Answer- No. ADB–JSP provides scholarships only to participating in academic institutions under the Program.
Question- When is the deadline for submission of application?
Answer- Send applications for scholarships at least six months before the planned time that you wish to commence studies.